Terms And Conditions
SERVICE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Terms of Service:
We request you to read these customer service terms and conditions (the “Terms”) carefully before using or subscribing the services offered by MORAFIQ Aviation Services, a Limited Liability Company registered in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi bearing trade license no. CN – 4571564, (Hereinafter referred as “MORAFIQ” / “WE” / “OUR” / “US”) . These Terms of Service set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the Service. These Terms apply to your use of our Services through our website, www.morafiq.ae (“the Website”) all other sites that redirect to the Website, any subdomains and any web or mobile applications that relate to the Services (in each case, whether owned and operated by us or by any of our partners) (collectively, the “Platforms”). MORAFIQ Logos, Trademarks and associated insignias are solely owned by OACIS Middle East LLC.
If any part of these Terms is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed to be severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining parts of these Terms, and all other Terms and Conditions shall continue in effect.
The following terms shall have the following meanings set out below:
- “ADAC” means Abu Dhabi Airport Company
- “Baggage”means the passenger’s personal property accompanying on their flight. Unless otherwise specified, it consists of both the Checked and Unchecked baggage.
- “Baggage Identification Tag”means a bar code readable label bearing unique identification number issued solely for the identification of your baggage.
- “Baggage Allowance” means the maximum quantity of baggage (in terms of number and/or weight and/or dimensions), if any, determined by the airline and with which each Passenger may travel whether or not in return for a payment depending on the specific fare conditions.
- “Booking Request” means a request by you for us to pick up your luggage from a Pick-up Point and deliver that luggage through our Service to the delivery location.
- “Booking”Means a Booking Request that has been confirmed by us and notified to you upon receipt of the applicable payment.
- “Company” (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us”, “MORAFIQ”, or “Our” in these Terms and Conditions).
- “Collection Period” means the time window set out in the Booking by Passenger for collecting their baggage from the airport baggage carousel.
- “Drop – off Window”means the time window set out in the Booking during which we will drop up your luggage at the Drop – off Point. This period is generally set as a standard of 3 hours after the actual landing of the flight and successful customs clearance.
- ‘Drop – off Location” (referred to as either “The place of delivery of baggage” or “location of the service”) means the location at which we will deliver your luggage as set out in the Booking.
- “EAS” means Etihad Airport Services
- “Fees” means the fees for our Services that are displayed on our platforms as being applicable at the time that you make your Booking.
- “Force Majeure Event”means any occurrence beyond our control, including Acts of God, war, hostilities, rebellion, revolution, insurrection, military or usurped power, or civil war, contamination by radio-activity fire, flood, volcanic activity, earthquake, acts of terrorism, casualties, accidents, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine restriction, governmental actions, regulations or orders affecting directly or indirectly on our activity, riot, commotion, strikes, go-slows, lock outs or disorder causing cessation, slowdown or interruption of work, any other causes, circumstances or contingencies beyond Our control whether above mentioned or not and whether or not similar to the foregoing which prevent or hinder the performance of Our obligations under the Conditions of Carriage.
- “(GCAA)” means General Civil Aviation Authority.
- “IATA”means the International Air Transport Association.
- “ICAO”means the International Civil Aviation Organization.
- “Home Check in Service” means passenger and baggage check-in services performed at an off-airport location such as a home, hotel or office etc.
- “Land & Leave Service” means the baggage claim and delivery service in which your luggage is picked up from the baggage carousel with your approval at the arrivals section, customs clearance done, and baggage safely delivered to your pre-determined location.
- “MHB Office” means Mishandled Baggage Office at the airport.
- “Passenger” or “you,” “your, “and “yourself” means any person who has booked one of our services either directly or on behalf of someone else.
- “Pick-up Window”means the time window set out in the Booking during which we will pick up your luggage at the Pick-up Location.
- ‘Pick-up Location” (referred to as either “The place of receipt of baggage” or “location of the service”) means the location at which we will pick your luggage as set out in the Booking.
- “Prohibited Item” means any item prohibited for air transportation by any regulatory or government body, including but not limited to items that are illegal, hazardous or dangerous, any animals, and any other item considered by us to be hazardous, dangerous, or prohibited under any applicable law.
- “Passenger Information” Or “Personal Data” means the necessary information, personal data or values entered by you in our website, mobile applications to successfully complete a Booking Request.
- “Platforms” means our website, mobile app, all other sites that redirect to our website, any subdomains and any web or mobile applications that relate to the Services (in each case, whether owned and operated by us or by any of our partners) (collectively, the “Platforms”).
- “Services” means our services of collecting, delivering, storing and transporting your bags as set out in these service terms and conditions.
- “SOP” means Standard Operating Procedures approved by ADAC and EAS.
- “Website” “Or Mobile App”means our internet site or mobile application in iOS or Android stores which enables the passenger to book our services.
- OUR SERVICES:
2.1 HOME CHECK-IN SERVICE:
2.1.1 Scope of services:
- In compliance with the terms and conditions hereinafter set forth, our staff shall check in the traveling Passenger(s) and issue them with boarding pass(es) and baggage tag(s) and take immediate possession of their baggageat the Pick-up Point within the Pick-up Window and ensure that all information provided at the time of the pick-up is matching with the Booking Request. We will then transport and inject the baggage in our custody to Abu Dhabi Airport’s baggage handling system in compliance with the ADAC and EAS approved SOPs and security protocols.
- A Booking Request will only be deemed as a Booking if you have received an email or other notification from us expressly confirming that Booking Request.
- Home Check-In Service(s) is only currently available for Passenger(s) located within Abu Dhabi Emirate, subject to availability, and for select flights departing from Abu Dhabi International Airport (AUH). The Passenger check-in functions, and baggage acceptance tasks shall be only administered by a licensed EAS check-in agent (the “Check-In Agent”) on behalf of your airline.
2.1.2 Passengers’ obligations:
- All Passenger(s) must be physically present at the Pick-up point and provide valid passports and ID documents for international flights, including but not limited to visas, certificates, or health passports and any other requirements of the applicable laws. Failure to abide by this condition will result in in immediate cancellation of the Service by us without any refunds.
- Every Passenger is fully responsible to adhere to the number of pieces, size and weight of the luggage as per their Booking and as per the airline’s conditions of carriage. In the event Passenger refuses to pay excess charges for excess luggage then MORAFIQ reserves the right to immediately cancel the Booking without any refunds.
- The Service Price as shown in the Booking would be for the number of bags as specified in the Booking Details. Any charges for additional bag(s) need to be settled at the Pick-up Point by the Passenger(s) to MORAFIQ staff. No cash payments are accepted, and all payments must be made through Visa or Master Debit or Credit card.
- In the event any law enforcement or other regulatory authority seeks the presence of the Passenger to identify his/her baggage or requests his or her presence for any security checks or screening measures, the Passenger is obliged to fully cooperate and duly present themselves in front of the relevant law enforcement or regulatory authority as and when needed.
- The Passenger(s) are fully responsible to ensure that there are no contents in the baggage which are prone to leakage, spillage etc. In the event, any baggage has been found to have contents which are leaking, then such baggage will not be injected into the Abu Dhabi Airport’s Baggage Handling System and the same will be promptly communicated to the Passenger. The Passenger may then choose to collect the baggage in-person from our dedicated storage location in Abu Dhabi city within three (3) hours of notification. Any failure by the Passenger to collect the baggage within the permitted three (3) hour time window will result in baggage storage charges of AED 25 per hour for each additional hour of storage. Alternately, subject to staff and fleet availability we may choose to return the baggage to Passenger’s location for a Fee and the associated charges for return of the baggage will be communicated, agreed and charged to the Passenger. The Passenger(s) fully indemnifies MORAFIQ from any form of claims including but not limited to financial or legal claims, direct or indirect arising out of this situation.
- If any Passenger(s) fails to present themselves at the Pick-Up Location within 15 minutes from the start of the Pick-Up Window, we reserve the right to leave the Pick-Up Location and immediately cancel the Service without any refunds.
- Our staff reserves the right to refuse to provide the Service to those who have not complied with applicable laws, regulations, orders, demands, or requirements or whose documents do not appear to be in order, and the policy of canceling the reservation of services shall be applied without refund.
2.1.3 Travel documentation formalities:
- We will not assume any liability arising out of incomplete or improper documentation on the Passenger’s part (whether intentionally or unintentionally), and the Passenger’s failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms and Conditions mentioned herein and the passenger shall assume all the responsibility imposed by the regulations of the United Arab Emirates and the regulations of the countries concerned (whether a final destination or a transit).
- Prior to travel and at our request, you must present all entry and exit documents, as well as other certificates required by the destination or transit countries and, if necessary, some countries may require copies to be retained thereof. We reserve the right to refuse to provide check-in if you have not complied with these requirements, or if your travel documents are incomplete or expired.
- You are obligated and solely responsible for obtaining all required travel documents and visas and for complying with all laws and regulations of countries that you will fly from or into or through which you will transit; the same applies to our regulations and instructions. Your travel documents and visas must be valid and We do not accept any responsibility in this regard.
- Luggage restrictions, conditions, and obligations admission:
According to the Terms and Conditions outlined in this agreement, The Passenger shall comply with the following:
- Ensure that all baggage is properly closed and secure.
- You are solely responsible for ensuring the size and weight of the baggage per the respective airline’s luggage allowance policies.
- Present all baggage to MORAFIQ staff at the Pick-up Location at the scheduled time.
- MORAFIQ staff is entitled to the right to refuse to check-in in the event of non-compliance with luggage admission restrictions, and the policy of canceling services will be applied without refund.
- If the baggage exceeds the prescribed airline luggage allowance, you must pay for excess luggage through one of the following modes:
- Through airline channels (website or mobile applications) in advance and payment receipts must be presented to our staff.
- Subject to airline approval, we will accept direct payments by Visa/Master credit card or debit card at the time of baggage pick up. No Cash payments will be accepted.
Passenger(s) agrees to fully comply with the rules and regulations specified in the ICAO, IATA, Airline conditions of carriage and GCAA Dangerous Goods Regulations, which rules are mandatory in order to prevent the endangerment of persons and property and to maintain public safety. We adhere to all global standards on security requirements in our services and warn all passengers against carrying the following materials:
- Firearms, ammunition (live/otherwise), swords, and knives. Explosives/incendiary/flammable/toxic/compressed gases.
- All liquid and gels such as gel, toothpaste, liquid cosmetics, and perfumes are within the Cabin baggage.
- Cigarette lighters are not allowed to be carried in all luggage.
- Jewelry, cash, and official documents.
- All the devices containing lithium batteries.
- Food and beverages of all kinds.
- Prohibited items from being transported under laws, regulations, or orders are valid for any countries from which they are flying or from.
- Materials that airlines consider inappropriate for transport, due to their dangers, weight, size, shape, nature, or because they are breakable or damageable.
- Compressed gases are deeply refrigerated, flammable non-flammable, and poisonous, such as butane oxygen, liquid nitrogen, aqualung cylinders, and compressed gas cylinders
- Fragile and damaged materials.
Sign, consent, and security questions
You must adhere and consent with satisfactory answers to the mandatory security questions required by local or international organizations or airport officials or by us, Such as:
- Is this your baggage?
- Did you pack and close it by yourself?
- Are you sure of its contents?
- Have you left your baggage unaccompanied and/or in an isolated place at any given time?
In the event of applying any security notes on the baggage received, it shall be dealt according to the regulations established by the airport authority and the concerned local/state department.
2.2.1 Scope of services:
- Subject to the Terms and Conditions of this Service, we will pick up the Passenger baggage from the baggage carousel at the airport and shall deliver the same to the location provided by the Passenger(s) as per the Booking.
- Passengers acknowledges that the Drop off Window is fully dependent on the actual arrival time of the flight and the customs clearance. We will endeavor to deliver the baggage within Three (3) hours of the actual flight landing time and successful customs clearance.
- For the avoidance of doubt, liability for your baggage remains with the airline until we receive it. If in case your baggage(s) does not arrive at the airport, we will report your luggage as “mishandled baggage” to the MHB Office at the airport. Once the baggage(s) is located and handed over to us by the MHB Office, we will use reasonable endeavors to deliver the baggage(s) to you within Three (3) hours of receipt of the baggage from MHB Office and Customs clearance. We will only deliver your baggage as a single lot and there will be no partial delivery of baggage in the event of a mishandled baggage situation.
- If your bag appears to be damaged when it arrives at the baggage belt, Mishandled baggage Office in the airport will inform you and you may choose to make a claim about the damaged luggage with your airline. For the avoidance of doubt, liability for your baggage remains with the airline until it clears customs and is in our possession.
- All baggage will pass through x-ray screening by Abu Dhabi Customs at the airport. If the Customs or any other regulatory authority chooses to further inspect your baggage in your presence, we will duly contact you and you undertake to return to the airport promptly at your own expense to be physically present at the time of such inspection.
- Passengers’ obligations:
- The passenger consents to have his baggage opened by Customs Officials in the presence of OACIS/MORAFIQ staff. The passenger should be physically present if summoned by the relevant authorities.
- Upon booking our Service(s), the passenger agrees to fully comply with all the relevant security mandates of regulatory and law enforcement bodies including but not limited to Abu Dhabi Police, Customs Authority. MORAFIQ shall bear no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the contents present or packed inside your baggage.
- In the event of any violation of baggage security, customs or border control protocols, you will assume the full liability and may not be entitled to claim compensation if any prohibited item included in your baggage sustains damage.
- The estimated baggage delivery time is a maximum of three (3) hours from the arrival of the flight and customs clearance, for the customer location which is within 45-kilometer radius of Abu Dhabi city.
- The estimated baggage delivery time is a maximum of six (6) hours from the arrival of the flight and customs clearance for the customer location which is more than 45 to 150 kilometer outside Abu Dhabi city.
- You are required to provide valid identification/passport of yourself to our staff as soon as you collect your baggage from the pre-determined Drop- Off Location.
- If Passenger(s) or their authorized representative fails to present themselves at the Drop-Off Location within 15 minutes of arrival of our delivery staff, we reserve the right to return your baggage to our storage facility in Abu Dhabi and the Passenger will then incur AED 25 per hour for every hour of storage till the same is picked up by the Passenger.
2.2.4 Administrative formalities:
- By accepting the Terms and Conditions mentioned herein, you also agree that we collect your baggage from the baggage carousel on your behalf.
- MORAFIQ shall not assume any responsibility for incorrect, incomplete, or invalid information or data (whether intentionally or unintentionally) provided by the Passenger and the Passenger will be responsible for any penalties resulting out of this willful or unintentional negligence.
- BOOKINGS AND RESERVATIONS:
The aforementioned conditions shall govern any Booking(s) made with us and govern any liability we may have in relation to that Booking(s) as it forms a part of the contract between the Passenger(s) and us, according to which we will provide Home Check-in Service or Land & Leave Service to the Passenger(s) whose details have been provided in the Booking(s), which may be made through our website, www.morafiq.ae or our mobile application(s).
- Booking requirements:
- All Booking(s) are to be made either via our mobile application in iOS or Android stores or through our website. No Service Booking(s) shall be entertained through any other mediums.
- It will be deemed that you have fully read, understood, and accepted these Terms and Conditions once we receive a completed Booking(s).
- Receipt of payment to the designated account is a prerequisite for successful completion of the Booking.
3.1 Data privacy, time, amendments and cancellation:
3.1.1 Data privacy:
Personally Identifiable Data: All credit/debit cards details and personally identifiable information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties.
The Terms & Conditions may be changed or updated occasionally to meet the requirements and standards. Therefore, the visitors to the website are encouraged to frequently visit these sections to be updated about the changes. Please note that the modifications will be effective on the day they are posted.
- If any changes occur on the Booking (whether delay or cancellation), we will contact you to reschedule the service delivery accordingly.
- We will try to provide you with the available time slots for the Service and in case we are not able to do so we will get in touch with you to mutually agree a convenient service time accordingly.
3.1.3 Amendments, cancellations, and refusal of the booking:
- The passenger or his/her representative shall be entitled to the right to change the service time, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, provided that the amendment is made at least six (6) hours before the scheduled pick-up or collection time.
- Subject to the conditions herein, you may amend or cancel a Booking either via the Platforms, telephone or by sending us an email that includes the Booking details to email@example.com Any amendment(s) or cancellation(s) of a Booking is confirmed and completed only when we send a confirmation to you by email.
- If you cancel a Home Check-In Service prior to Twenty-Four (24) hours of the Pick-up Window; or a Land and Leave Service prior to Twenty-Four (24) hours of Collection Period, we will refund in full any Fees that you have paid to us in respect of that Booking. We will process the refund within 14 (Fourteen) business days of notification of the cancellation. Refunds will be made only through the original mode of payment. Any cancellations of Bookings outside these cut-off times will not qualify for any form of refund.
- We may choose to amend or cancel the Booking without any refunds if:
- the passenger or his/her representative fails to present at the Pick-up or Drop-Off location more than Fifteen (15) minutes upon the arrival of our check-in agent or delivery staff.
- any Force Majeure is restricting us from fulfilling the Service.
- you have provided an invalid delivery address or contact number or remains incommunicado on the day of service.
- we believe that you have misused our Services, and we will use reasonable endeavors to notify you of this.
Refusal of the booking:
- In the reasonable exercise of our discretion, and in line with our right to refuse Services, our staff reserves the right to (reject, cancel bookings/accounts, or freeze) your booking, where we reasonably believe that you misused our Service and the Booking is fraudulent, deceptive, abusive, or inaccurate.
- CHARGES, PAYMENTS, AND REFUNDS:
- We accept payments online using Visa and MasterCard credit/debit card in AED. No cash payments will be accepted.
- The displayed charges to be paid cover the Service Fees for a specific part of the entire service, for the baggage numbers, and a specific date and do not include any other fees unless expressly stated in the Booking Request.
- The total Fees, its breakdown and invoice are automatically displayed in detail and a digital invoice copy will be sent to your email id registered with us.
- When you make a Booking, the Value Added Tax (VAT) is passed onto you and is included in the total price you pay and will be shown separately in the VAT column.
4.2 Payment method:
We accept payment for our services and VAT using Credit/Debit cards through our website or Mobile applications. To ensure secure online payment and all other transactions of personal data, MORAFIQ, uses a technology called SSL (Secure Socket Layer). SSL safely encrypts all communications between your computer and our server so that the information can only be read and understood by the MORAFIQ server.
- As a general rule, refunds will be done only through the original mode of payment. The payment is deemed to be a reimbursement to the party entitled to the reimbursement.
- Once the request for a refund has been made, and if you are eligible for a refund, we will provide the reimbursement within Fourteen (14) Business Days following the request.
- Subject to the following provisions of these Terms, we will only be liable for loss or damage to your baggage arising as a direct result of our Services, and provided that the baggage does not contain a Prohibited Item.
- Except for the loss or damage to your baggage directly resulting out of our negligence or mishandling, our total liability arising out of, or in connection with, these Terms and our provision of the Services to you will be limited and capped to the total value of the Fees paid by you for that particular Service(s).
- In the event of loss or damage to your luggage, our liability shall not exceed AED 1,500 in respect of an individual item of luggage and a maximum of AED 4000 per Booking.
- We will not be liable for any consequential or indirect loss or damage, including but not limited to any loss of profit, loss of data, loss of business or loss of opportunity.
- For the purpose of this Service Terms and Conditions, damage excludes fair wear and tear associated with the provision of the Services including damage to wheels, handles, zippers and fastenings.
- Home Check-In Service: notwithstanding the provisions above, you fully acknowledge that your airline is solely liable for your baggage once we have safely injected your baggage to the baggage handling system at Abu Dhabi Airport.
- Land & Leave Service: We are responsible for your baggage only after we take possession of the same at the airport.
- We shall have no liability for any claim in connection with these Service Terms and Conditions or the provision of the Services unless you notify us of any claim within Three (3) days of the circumstances giving rise to the claim and provide us with documentary evidence in support of your claim.
- You acknowledge that the limitations of liability set out in these Service Terms and Conditions are fair and reasonable in the circumstances and have been taken into account and reflected in the level of the Fees.
- MORAFIQ will NOT deal or provide any services or products to any of OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) sanctioned countries in accordance with the law of UAE”.
- Our platforms may include links to third party websites that are controlled and maintained by others. Any link to other websites is not an endorsement by us of such websites and you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the content or availability of any such sites.
- Unless expressly provided elsewhere in these Service Terms and Conditions, any notice given under these Service Terms and Conditions shall be in writing and served by hand, prepaid, or recorded delivery post or airmail at the address published on the website from time to time. Any such notice shall be deemed to have been served at the time of confirmed delivery (if by hand) or 48 hours after posting to an address in the United Arab Emirates or 5 business days after posting to an address outside of the United Arab Emirates.
- The failure on the part of either you or us to exercise or enforce any right conferred upon you or us by these Service Terms and Conditions will not be deemed to be a waiver of any such right or operate so as to bar the exercise or enforcement of any such right at any time.
- We will cooperate with law enforcement authorities as required by applicable law. We will cooperate with law enforcement agencies in any investigation of any activity regarding your baggage and/or your use of the Platforms or the Services if requested.
- If any part of these Service Terms and Conditions is deemed unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that part shall be deemed to be severable from these Service Terms and Conditions and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any of the remaining parts of these Service Terms and Conditions.
- These Service Terms and Conditions are drawn up both in Arabic and English. Any notice given under or in connection with these Service Terms and Conditions must be in either Arabic or English.
- We reserve the right to amend these Service Terms and Conditions at any time. If any amendment to these Service Terms and Conditions is unacceptable to you, you may discontinue using the Platforms and/or the Services. If you continue to use the Platforms and/or the Services, you will be conclusively deemed to have accepted such amended version of these Service Terms and Conditions.
- Country of Domicile of the service provider is the United Arab Emirates.
- These Service Terms and Conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with this Service Terms and Conditions shall be only governed and construed in accordance with the laws of UAE.
Queries or Complaints:
For general queries or complaints, please contact us using the below mentioned details:
Morafiq Aviation Services LLC.
#809, Sky Tower, Al Reem Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Telephone No. 800-MORAFIQ-6672347